Brunette to Blonde @ Tommy Guns

Brunette_to_Bronde_top.jpg
It’s officially spring so what better time to lighten up your look? Spring clean your hair colour? De-clutter your cut?
Blessed - or cursed – depending on your tonal viewpoint – with a mane of chocolate brown hair, I’ve always yearned for a dark blonde look – the kind that suggests surfing in tropical seas and working-out on Indian roof-tops at dawn. And while I can’t necessarily perfect my surf-boarding skills or strike a successful downwards-dog, I’m hoping my hair aspirations will be easier to achieve…
Based in the heart of Soho, Tommy Guns is eclectically retro, with the feel of stepping back into Victorian London – just with added hairspray, serum and scissor action. If the atmosphere of the salon is anything to go by, the end result should be effortlessly cool.
My stylist Nicole sports long blonde locks, so I know I’m in safe hands. Clutching my reference pictures for cut and colour (I NEVER enter a hairdressers without pics) I get comfy in my chair, clutch a cappuccino for courage, and try to turn a blind eye to the hard-core sounding processes of ‘base breaking’ and ‘chopping’ that my hair is about to undergo. Turns out it’s not as aggressive as it sounds.
With summer just around the corner, let’s hope my lighter style will soon be collecting a few of its own natural highlights. Bring on the sunshine – I’m ready to embrace my inner blonde!
Video shot and edited by Logan Irvine-MacDougall
www.loganphotography.co.uk
For more info or to book an appointment go to
www.tommyguns.co.uk

Tommy Guns  
65 Beak St, London W1F 9SN
t: 020 7439 0777

Comments